06 April 2006

short-attention-span crafting

First and foremost, check out these stitch markers I picked up from Bean at a craft show the other day.
bean's stitch markers
Aren't they lovely? I've just been using loops of contrast yarn for stitch markers, now I get to use jewelry.

Ooh and ahh at the wonder of the pre-school level crafting:
cat stuff
It's just felt sloppily mod-podged onto a chopped in half hot cocoa mix canister. I was bored and I needed somewhere to stash the cat comb and nail clippers etc etc. The mouse is in leftover LB Landscapes, from a popular pattern. The cat felted it with her tongue.

This purse really did not want to have its picture taken, hence the crappy hung-on-the-doorknob shot.
spring bag
This was flung together willy-nilly with no pattern at all, from things I picked up for pennies at a Joann's that was closing down. The whole thing cost about five dollars...and it kind of shows. I do like the colors, though. And it's the perfect size to carry small projects like..

Intersecting socks:
perpendicular socks
Pattern loosely based on this one. Stripes based on my own whimsy. I like the vertical ribs and the horizontal stripes together. Fantastical people in the background are from an old book (1949 edition, volume 2, "Invention and Industry) which is great fun to leaf through.

Then there are these yummy pizza biscuits, which in macro mode look like the surface of the moon:
glamorous pizza biscuits
Recipe? Crescent roll dough + bit of tomato sauce + some shreds of parm/romano + pepperoni + oven = mmmmm.

Finally (at last) here's this garter belt:
sewing machine garter belt
What, you thought it was for a person? Bah. Doesn't it make the sewing machine sex-ay? Anyway, it's just a little prototype for a handy pincushion, as I'm constantly dropping pins on the floor.

Oh, I better go get some coffee. I clearly need to focus more before I go to work!

7 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Mom2fur said...

Hey, are you sure the purse didn't want its picture taken? It's smiling!

I like your felt fish can, and all your other crafts!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

I just stuck a piece of magnet (you know the kind that has sticky tape stuff on one side and comes in a strip) to the top of my sewing machine. That way I can just stick the pins up there. . .

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Mrs.Strizzay said...

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger ErLeCa said...

My, you've been crafty recently!!! Look at all those cute things... and I think the purse definitely wanted its picture taken!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Diana said...

The socks look like they will be comfy. Let me know if you think the pattern is worthwhile. I'm in to knitting socks right now.

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Shannon said...

I love the colors in your socks-- pink and green are the best.

And I think the purse looks like it is smiley as well...

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Susan said...

Hi there! Will we see you at the knitup at Fairomunt Wegman's this upcoming Saturday? Sure hope so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home